Green New Deal
The climate crisis is hurting our community, and affecting our health in nationwide. It is time that we pass the Green New Deal. A deal that will tackle our climate issues and protect our rights! It is an urgency to pass the Green New Deal. I will include the break down of the Green New Deal. This breakdown shows the benefits for the people and the solution to our climate crisis.
What Queen Is Fighting For ?
- Workers Rights
Guaranteeing a job with a family-sustaining wage, adequate family and medical leave, paid vacations, and retirement security to all people of the United States.”
- People Rights
Providing all people of the United States with – (i) high-quality health care; (ii) affordable, safe, and adequate housing; (iii) economic security; and (iv) access to clean water, clean air, healthy and affordable food, and nature.”
- Providing resources, training, and high-quality education, including higher education, to all people of the United States.
- 100% Clean and Renewable Energy
Meeting 100 percent of the power demand in the United States through clean, renewable, and zero-emission energy sources.”
- Repairing and upgrading the infrastructure in the United States, including… by eliminating pollution and greenhouse gas emissions as much as technologically feasible.
Building or upgrading to energy-efficient, distributed, and ‘smart’ power grids, and working to ensure affordable access to electricity.
- Upgrading Buildings
Upgrading all existing buildings in the United States and building new buildings to achieve maximal energy efficiency, water efficiency, safety, affordability, comfort, and durability, including through electrification.”
Overhauling transportation systems in the United States to eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector as much as is technologically feasible, including through investment in – (i) zero-emission vehicle infrastructure and manufacturing; (ii) clean, affordable, and accessible public transportation; and (iii) high-speed rail.”
- Spurring massive growth in clean manufacturing in the United States and removing pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from manufacturing and industry as much as is technologically feasible.”
- Working collaboratively with farmers and ranchers in the United States to eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the agricultural sector as much as is technologically feasible.”
- Funding these programs by taxing the rich.