Everyone should be treated fairly regardless of their immigration status. I am very proud to stand up for all immigrant communities and to push towards ending ICE. Families should never be separated, children should not be without their parents and immigrant communities should never be in fear to live in a “FREE” country!
- According to the government’s status report to the court on Oct. 15, 2018 there were 2,654 children initially determined to have been possibly separated from their parents with numbers increasing in 2019 to over 5,000children separated from their families.
- Currently, ICE has more than 20,000 employees with 400 offices around the U.S. and abroad. Since the agency’s creation, the number of ERO officers alone has doubled from 3,000 to 6,000 while HSI currently consists of 8,500 employees. The ICE budget at its inception was only $3.3 billion and, as of FY2018, has increased to $7.5 billion.
- Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) – $4.8 billion budget
- Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) – $2 billion budget
- Office of the Principal Legal Advisor (OPLA) – $2.8 million budget and Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) – $82 million budget
What Queen Is Fighting For!
- Build a generous and well-functioning legal immigration system that can be responsive to the nation’s changing needs. Which will demolish ICE and allow families to stay together and businesses to get the workers they need, while enhancing all workers’ rights to fair and increasing wages, safe working conditions, and the opportunity to thrive together.
- Support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants and other individuals long residing in the country.
- Making Eid Al-Fitr a federal public holiday in the United States.
- Extending of voting rights and the right to social services to all New Yorkers, regardless of immigration status, by passing the New York Is Home Act.
- End the Criminal Justice to Deportation Pipeline. Permanently fund legal representation for all, including immigration proceedings.