Both of my parents are senior citizens living in subsidized housing, and they both receive Social Security. I can’t even imagine their only source of income being cut or reduced due to budget issues from our government. All seniors will be protected and will have the ability to retire in peace and collect social security for the rest of their lives.
- The Social Security Trust Fund could be depleted by 2031 as a result of the coronavirus pandemic and subsequent economic collapse, according to new projections — and today’s youngest retirees could be among the first in the nation to see benefit cuts.
- The non-partisan agency said in the report the Social Security fund could plunge from $2.8 trillion to $533 billion in 2030. It estimates the fund would run out the following year. The Social Security Disability Insurance program, meanwhile, is projected to run out in 2026.
- In 2019, 54.1 million people received Social Security benefits. About 40% of Americans over the age of 60 who are no longer working full time rely solely on Social Security benefits for their income, according to the National Institute on Retirement Security. The annual benefit is about $17,000.
What Queen Is Fighting For!
- Expansion of Social Security Benefits. Guaranteed Social Security for the next 50 years.
- Raising the minimum benefit for Social Security to adjust to the rise of the cost of living.
- Fully support the Social Security 2100 Act and will push for the Republican support.
- Cut Prescription Drug Prices in Half. The elderly should be able to afford their prescription medications and should not have to prioritize due to pricing.
- Protect Pensions
- The Rehabilitation for Multiemployer Pensions Act was passed in the House with bipartisan support, but unfortunately it is in the hands of the Senate with no progress and once I am in office I will keep pressuring the Senate to pass this act for Americans.