In America thousands of veterans are left homeless with no sense of direction after discharged from the military this has to STOP. Our Veterans have protected and served our country and I will protect and serve them when I am elected into office!
- In a 2017 study involving 5,826 United States veterans, 12.9% were diagnosed with PTSD
- In a 2014 study involving 3,157 United States veterans, 87% reported exposure to at least one potentially traumatic event.
- About 11% of the adult homeless population are veterans.
- Roughly 45% of all homeless veterans are African American or Hispanic, despite only accounting for 10.4% and 3.4% of the U.S. veteran population, respectively.
- Homeless veterans are younger on average than the total veteran population.
What Queen Is Fighting For!
- While being apart of the service it will be mandatory for mental health screenings and counseling to help reduce the risk of PTSD.
- Creating a transition career path period for members who have completed their service terms. This will give Veterans a guarantee job/career placement straight out of service.
- Universal Housing for all Veterans this will decrease homelessness amongst Veterans.
- Health Care For All. Veterans will qualify for health benefits. Their history while in service will have no effect on their health benefits. This will give our veterans the ability to utilize and benefit from the resources and services that is offered to them.
- Assign a mandatory 90 day social worker to all Veterans when leaving service. This will help Veterans with re-entering back into society.
- “No Veteran Will Be Left Behind”